E2’s Midwest Chapter is growing! Founded in the fall of 2013, our chapter has members in Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, and Missouri. Our members are working to advance strong state policies that are good for environment and good for our economy – from clean water in Michigan to clean energy in Illinois.
- Accelerating the Clean Energy Transition
- Modernizing and Electrifying Our Transportation System
- Securing funding for water infrastructure and establishing limits on harmful water contaminants like PFAS.
- Every year with our partners at Clean Energy Trust, E2 releases Clean Jobs Midwest, a survey of clean energy jobs throughout the Midwest region. As of 2018, there are 737,031 clean energy jobs throughout the region, a 4% increase from the year before.
- E2 is leading a coalition of business groups in the Illinois Clean Jobs Coalition to push for strong clean energy policies at the Illinois state legislature.
- We launch a Businesses for Clean Water campaign to elevate business voices and advance clean water policies in Michigan
- Led business efforts to help pass the Future Energy Jobs Act, which directs the state to get 25 percent of electricity from renewable sources by 2025 and expands state’s energy efficiency standards
- Protected and increased funding for clean energy R&D at DOE and EPA through congressional advocacy in Washington D.C.
Interested in learning more? Want to help us advance our clean energy goals from Chicago to Springfield, to Capitol Hill? Reach out to Midwest Advocate Micaela Preskill at email@example.com to start receiving updates on supporting E2’s policy efforts in your area – including attending upcoming events, participating in advocacy campaigns, receiving our email newsletters, and more!