- Defying a blizzard to fight for climate and clean energy policy
- E2 NorCal meetings focus on implementation challenges
- E2 sponsors California legislation SB 26
- Advocacy on an improved RPS and more
- Implementation and advocacy update
- New England event on climate, energy, waste reduction efforts on campus
- Opportunities for National Ocean Policy
E2 is the originator and sponsor of SB26 - "PACE Program Financing Acceleration and Jobs Bill". Introduced in the California legislature by Senator Fran Pavley (D-23) (with joint authors Senators Gilbert Cedillo (D-22), Loni Hancock (D-9), Alex Padilla (D-20), Lois Wolk (D-5) and Senate President pro Tem Darrell Steinberg (D-6)), Senate Bill X8 26, the PACE Program Financing Acceleration and Jobs Bill, would enhance credit for voluntary energy efficiency retrofits in California homes and businesses through a Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) financing
mechanism. This bill, sponsored by E2, could catalyze $1 billion worth of projects, spur the creation of 10,500 direct jobs (as well as 10,000 indirect), and drive $68 million in revenue to the state through resulting income and sales tax.
SBX8 26 passed the Senate’s Energy Committee 9 to 0, the Appropriations Committee 8 to 0 and on February 25 it passed the Senate 32 to 0!E2 has written a support letter
for the bill and is now focused on getting the bill through the Assembly and on to the Governor. Because the bill is part of a special session of the legislature, it is possible to have the bill go into effect quickly and even help create jobs as early as this summer.
Login to add a comment: