E2 (Environmental Entrepreneurs) was founded in 2000 on the premise that what’s good for the environment is good for the economy, and that smart environmental policies promote economic growth. Since then we’ve grown from a small group of business people to a nationwide organization with nine regional chapters and members who work or do business in every state. What we have in common is this: We care about the economy AND the environment, and we’re willing to dedicate our time and our voices to support and protect both.
What We Do
E2 provides a time-efficient way for business leaders to leverage their professional experience and networks to make a difference by helping shape policies that are good for the economy and good for the environment. E2 helps its members:
- Stay informed on critical issues affecting the economy and the environment
- Learn how to effectively communicate, advocate, and engage directly with lawmakers, policymakers in Washington and in state capitals to make change happen
- Connect with the media to bring business voices to the public discussion about environmental issues
- Meet and collaborate with fellow business leaders, investors and others who share a commitment to building an environmentally sustainable economy at E2’s local chapter events, national gatherings, and advocacy trips.
E2 has influenced critical policies at the state, regional and federal levels in a wide range of sectors, including energy, climate, oceans, water, transportation, and smart growth. We promote policies that not only improve our air, water, and public health, but also create jobs and provide better economic returns using fewer natural resources.
Our major victories include:
- Helping pass the nation’s first automobile emissions standards, driving innovation and job growth in the clean fuels and automobile sectors.
- Helping pass the nation’s first limits on carbon pollution from power plants, driving innovation and job growth in renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Helping secure funding for clean energy and clean fuels in the military, creating new markets for private industry.
Policymakers often tell us that major environmental victories could not be won without the support of E2’s business voice. Our members’ experience and credibility is the key to E2’s ability to provide a more balanced perspective and to share the ‘real world’ impact of policies on business.
- 2000 The year E2 was founded
- 500+ Media hits each year
- 40 Advocacy actions by E2 members each year
- 850+ Members from across the country
- 2,500 Companies founded/funded by E2 members
- 600,000 Jobs created by E2 members
- 200 Meetings with lawmakers each year
- 43 Industry reports releases since 2010
- $100+ billion Venture/private capital investment managed by E2 members
E2 was founded in 2000 and is partner of the Natural Resources Defense Council. With more than 500 lawyers, scientists and other professionals and the strength of 2 million members across the country, NRDC is the nation’s most effective environmental action organization.
This affiliation gives E2 access to the resources of NRDC: analytical and policy expertise, government affairs insight and relationships, communications platform and support. NRDC provides a dedicated staff to support the efforts of E2’s volunteer leadership.
Contributions to E2 are made directly to NRDC.