Who We Are
E2 members work or do business in every state in the country, and come from a broad business base ranging from clean energy and clean tech to real estate and finance and beyond.
Our members have been involved in the financing, founding or development of more than 2,500 companies that have created more than 600,000 jobs, and manage more than $100 billion in venture and private equity capital.
What We Do
E2 provides a time-efficient way for business leaders to leverage their professional experience and networks to make a difference by helping shape policies that are good for the economy and good for the environment. E2 helps its members:
- Stay informed on critical issues affecting the economy and the environment
- Learn how to effectively communicate, advocate, and engage directly with lawmakers, policymakers in Washington and in state capitals to make change happen
- Connect with the media to bring business voices to the public discussion about environmental issues
- Meet and collaborate with fellow business leaders, investors and others who share a commitment to building an environmentally sustainable economy at E2’s local chapter events, national gatherings, and advocacy trips.
E2 has influenced critical policies at the state, regional and federal levels in a wide range of sectors, including energy, climate, oceans, water, transportation, and smart growth. We promote policies that not only improve our air, water, and public health, but also create jobs and provide better economic returns using fewer natural resources.
Our major victories include:
- Helping pass the nation’s first automobile emissions standards, driving innovation and job growth in the clean fuels and automobile sectors.
- Helping pass the nation’s first limits on carbon pollution from power plants, driving innovation and job growth in renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Helping secure funding for clean energy and clean fuels in the military, creating new markets for private industry.
Policymakers often tell us that major environmental victories could not be won without the support of E2’s business voice. Our members’ experience and credibility is the key to E2’s ability to provide a more balanced perspective and to share the ‘real world’ impact of policies on business.
E2 was founded in 2000 and is partner of the Natural Resources Defense Council. With more than 500 lawyers, scientists and other professionals and the strength of 2 million members across the country, NRDC is the nation’s most effective environmental action organization.
This affiliation gives E2 access to the resources of NRDC: analytical and policy expertise, government affairs insight and relationships, communications platform and support. NRDC provides a dedicated staff to support the efforts of E2’s volunteer leadership.
Contributions to E2 are made directly to NRDC.