Since its inception in 2002, E2 New England has dramatically raised its profile in Massachusetts, becoming widely recognized as an important player on Beacon Hill and a strong business voice in support of environmental initiatives. With over 100 members, E2 New England has been active in advocating for policies to support the growth of the clean energy sector and reduce greenhouse gas emissions for many years, playing a significant role in support of the major policy framework that has made the state a national climate and energy leader.
- Raising our Climate Goal to 100% Renewable Energy
- Modernizing Our Transportation System
- Accelerating the Clean Energy Transition
- Putting a Price on Carbon
- In April 2019, E2 released Clean Jobs Massachusetts, a report that details the growth of jobs in fields such as energy efficiency, renewable energy, and clean vehicles across the Commonwealth
- E2 New England accomplishes much of its worth through its partnerships in Massachusetts and elsewhere in New England, including through the Global Warming Solutions Act Transportation Working Group, the Alliance for Clean Energy Solutions, the Northeast Clean Energy Council, and Our Transportation Future
- Led business efforts to help pass legislation to increase the Commonwealth’s renewable
- Helped pass legislation to expand offshore wind along Massachusetts’ coast
- Helped pass legislation to improve the Commonwealth’s energy efficiency programs
- Led business efforts to advance regional greenhouse gas limits for vehicles in nine
Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states
Interested in learning more? Want to help us advance our clean energy goals from Beacon Hill to Capitol Hill? Reach out to Eastern States Advocate Noah Dubin at firstname.lastname@example.org to start receiving updates on supporting E2’s policy efforts in your area – including attending upcoming events, participating in advocacy campaigns, receiving our email newsletters, and more!