TITLE: Michigan business outreach consultant
STATUS: One year consulting position, starting ASAP, with possibility for extension
REPORTS TO: E2 Midwest Advocate Micaela Preskill
HOURS: Part-time (20 hours/week, negotiable)
LOCATION: Michigan – must be able to travel throughout the state.
Environmental Entrepreneurs (E2) is a national, non-partisan organization of business owners, investors and others who advocate for smart policies that are good for both the environment and the economy. An affiliate of the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), E2 works at both the state and national levels. More information can be found at www.e2.org.
Contract Work Description
We seek a dynamic and motivated individual to identify and organize business voices throughout Michigan in support of local, state and federal clean water and clean energy policies. This person will work with existing E2 members but also identify and help amplify the voices of other Michigan business leaders who care about both the environment and the economy.
The ideal candidate has experience in organizing, volunteer management and recruitment, communications and clean water policy. Established business connections and contacts preferred.
Job duties include identifying, organizing and amplifying good business messengers on the economic benefits of smart clean water and climate policies. This includes building relationships with business leaders and lawmakers, developing communication pieces (e.g., opinion pieces, press releases, amplifying E2 materials with media), and coordinating with other in-state partners.
Outreach and Coordination (70%):
- Business organizing: Conduct outreach to business leaders throughout the state
- Engage E2 members and other businesses in relevant regulatory and legislative processes
- Coordinate with E2 staff, relevant NRDC policy experts and partner groups
- Convene meetings and events to build issue awareness and engagement
- Identify and execute media opportunities
- Translate policy issues into blogs, newsletters and action alerts
- Write comment letters
- Craft press and media materials
- Maintain member records and information in customized database application
- Experience in organizing, volunteer management and recruitment.
- Experience or strong interest in climate change, clean water and energy legislation
- Excellent time management, attention to detail and follow-through
- Experience working autonomously and remotely
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with clean water environmental policy issues
- Experience with database maintenance, Word and Excel
How to Apply
Resume and letter of interest should be sent to E2 Midwest Advocate Micaela Preskill at email@example.com.
Position will be filled ASAP, with expected start date in September 2019. While this is a one-year consulting position, we expect to extend the duration of this contract if the consultant produces strong advocacy and membership development results.